CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - EMEA
SSIS Data Integration Consultant -Dublin, Ireland
A vacancy has arisen for a SQL Server Integration Services Consultant.
Reporting to the Head of Cloud BI you will be responsible for the following:
The development and deployment of Business Intelligence Solutions using the Microsoft BI, Teradata, MicroStrategy technologies
Engaging with the customer to elicit and document their business intelligence requirements
Providing technical expertise in the area of data conversion / migration design and development, including data cleansing, extraction and loading. Quality assurance (cooperating with business experts and analysts) and data migration reconciliation are also part of this role
Analysis and specification of data mappings; design, development and testing of data conversion / migration procedures and data structures, including data cleansing / data quality assurance and data migration reconciliation procedures and reports
Performance monitoring and tuning for data migration procedures and reconciliation reports
Solid background in Business Intelligence, with at least 3 years consultancy experience, preferably educated to degree level
Solid background in the telecommunications industry
Highly self-motivated team player, strong leader
Articulate, confident and fluent communicator, open for change – out of the box thinker
Excellent practical knowledge and experience of successfully designing and deploying Kimball dimensional models
Proven experience as part of a team on successful BI deployments.
Be able to demonstrate a high level of oral and written English.
Be able to motivate, coach and develop his/her staff
Have advanced IT skills (Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Internet)
Database technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata
Data migration / ETL toolsets: MS SQL Server Integration Services
Data discovery, profiling and cleansing
Data migration: at least 3 years’ experience in data conversion / migration projects
Experience working with MicroStrategy would be advantageous
Writing and testing SQL statements over complex database structures; tuning, monitoring, optimization, debugging and testing of SQL statements
Send us your application
If you would like to be considered for this role, send your CV to email@example.com.
Applicants must be working or have worked before in Ireland.
Senior Java Developer - Dublin, Ireland
Avnet Services is a leading software services company located in Ireland and specialising in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Help Desk Solutions.
The Software Development Division works in partnership with its clients to Manage, Design, Develop, Deliver and Support unique custom built software solutions. The team are leaders in Java software development, .NET software development and Application Support services.
We are now looking to extend our Java development practice and wish to recruit a Senior Java Developer for our Dublin office.
The responsibilities of this new and challenging job include:
• Excellent software design skills with strong background of software development in java and open source development technologies
1. Front end:
2. Back end:
Spring Core (3.x), Spring IOC (3.x), Spring MVC (3.x), Spring AOP (3.x), Spring Security (3.x), Apache Wicket 6.x, Apache POI
3. Database (Strong):
JPA/Hibernate, JPQL, SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
4. Enterprise Integration
JNDI, JMS, Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel, Apache CXF, WSDL, SOAP and REST web services, JavaMail
Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Weblogic
7. Build & Other
Linux shell scripting
Windows batch scripting
Required Skills and Experience are:
Strong OOP concepts, design patterns and large multi-module projects experience
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Experience of Mobile technologies is an advantage
• This is a permanent position
• The candidate must have at least 2 years working experience
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Have previous working experience in the Irish market
• Have a computer science or other relevant third level degree
Candidates must be available to interview in Ireland.
Send us your application
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for this job.
ODI Consultant (ETL) - Dublin, Ireland
Avnet Services is a leading software services company located in Ireland and specialising in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Help Desk Solutions. We sell to the Top 100 companies in Ireland across all verticals and are technology partners with some of the largest software manufacturers in the world, including SAP, MicroStrategy, BMC and Teradata.
We are seeking new permanent and/or contract staff to join our growing team. As an ETL consultant you will work with other team members to develop, enhance and maintain these BI solutions, utilising the team’s collective advanced technical knowledge and experience, and leveraging your personal initiative and determination to provide our customers with an unparalleled service.
The ideal candidate will be highly professional, self-motivated, and will have excellent communication and problem solving skills. This is a consultancy role, so all candidates should be willing to work on client sites primarily in the Dublin region.
Candidates with experience in Oracle Data integrator (ODI) are sought, particularly those experienced with the latest release, version 12c.
• The development and deployment of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solutions
• Writing and testing SQL statements over complex database structures; tuning, monitoring, optimization, debugging and testing of SQL statements, procedures, and
• Design, development and testing of data conversion / migration procedures and data structures, including data cleansing / data quality assurance and data
migration reconciliation procedures and reports
• Providing technical expertise in the area of data conversion / migration design and development, including data cleansing, extraction and loading.
• Assisting the Support team with second-line expertise
Required Skills and Experience:
• Solid relational database development skills (2-5yrs) in at least one of Oracle or SQL Server, with a very strong understanding of SQL and relational database query analysis.
• Strong Experience using ETL software ORACLE DATA INTEGRATOR is ideal, but experience working with other DI technologies such as Informatica, Ab Initio or DataStage would also be advantageous
• The ability to design and implement an ETL solution
• Data Warehouse data modelling concepts such as (Kimball) Dimensional Modelling
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
(Note: Candidates will be tested thoroughly on their technical skills and knowledge at interview)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience working as a professional services consultant
• Experience developing BI solutions in the Telecommunications, Utilities, Financial Services, Retail, Insurance, Manufacturing, Healthcare sectors
• Experience working with SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy or Microsoft BI would be advantageous
• Certification in any of the listed database, BI or ETL technologies listed above
Send us your application
If you now wish to join a progressive team of programmers and engineers and have a desire to work with the latest technologies and with the top clients then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.